College Counseling 4 U will provide the following services:
• College selection guidance • Transcript/curriculum review •
• Application review • Resume review • Essay editing • Interview prep •
• Deferral/wait list strategies • Financial aid information •
• Ongoing counseling for parents and teens • Assistance with college transfers •
In addition, College Counseling 4 U will provide families with the following benefits:
- A calm, objective voice provided by a trained parenting and college counseling coach
- A sense of perspective on a hyper and over-stressed process
- First hand experience with current application procedures
- Up to date information on standardized testing and essay prep
- Ability to help candidates balance quantitative information with a strong personal presentation
- On the ground knowledge of an ever increasing list of public and private colleges and universities
- Familiarity with financial aid procedures
This is the the total plan for all students. You may begin anytime during Freshman year through College Acceptances. This includes 1:1 consulting and a week intensive of Group App Camp (Completion of the College Applications during the Summer before Senior Year).
- Evaluation of grades and standardized test scores, responses to questionnaires and ongoing discussion
- Development of an initial list of colleges to visit, and preparation for visits and interviews
- Help with academic choices for senior year
- Essay brainstorm sessions
- Selection of final list of colleges, review of applications and essays
- Weekly on-call hours for help with quick questions
- College Counseling 4 U Binder which includes the following forms: application overview, high school timelines, campus visit checklists, financial aid timeline, and pockets to help organize all materials
- Get the High School years on the right track. Meetings include discussions of class scheduling, summer plans, community service and extracurricular activities.
Individual Hourly Consultations
For 9th and 10th grade clients, to discuss class selection, extra-curriculars and to help with overall focus and direction.
For 11th and 12th grade clients to discuss the college application process, essay sessions, and to provide general guidance.
Common Application Completion Group Sessions